Monday, January 12, 2009

On Christian Charity


I don't have anything this busy day that could top what Laurie has to say at her blog about the topic of Christian charity, i.e., love. She offers some great, brief thoughts on C.S. Lewis's writing on this subject, and I highly recommend taking a minute or two to check out her post.

" 'The rule for all of us is perfectly simple. Do not waste time bothering whether you ‘love’ you neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you loved someone, you will presently come to love him.' This comes as very hopeful news to one like me, who was told once by a friend, very matter-of-factly and without cruel intent, 'You’re not exactly the warmest person on the planet” – and that was after I was saved and had become a thousand times warmer than I once was!' "

Laurie on Lewis and Charity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Bro. Bob teach love that way? Someone in my past told me that very thing and when I've done it, I've felt love toward the people I naturally wouldn't have. Love you jan